Nord Fjord 89 & 90 – AutoX
October 3 @ 8:00 am - October 4 @ 5:00 pm PDT
. With two weeks to go until we meet at Thunderhill Raceway, here are some things to know about our weekend:
- There are plenty of run groups available – if you’ve signed up for only one, you can drive again if you want.
- Thunderhill will be busy as the both the 2 Mile and the 3 Mile track will be in use, in addition to us.The Grill will be open and the outside tables are available for use when you eat. The Grill line is usually long when Thunderhill is busy. The clubhouse is open but for cooling only, not for eating. We will have approximately a 75 minute lunch rest so there will be plenty of time to stand in line for the Grill or to go into town for fast food.
- Masks are required at all times when not in the car on Thunderhill grounds.
- (ACT if applicable) If you are bringing a motorhome and are planning to spend the night camping, please REPLY so that we can add the camping night(s) to your MSR registration as we will require advanced payment. State which night(s) you will be staying at the track. You will be assigned a reserved parking spot. If you wish to park next to another camping friend, please state so in your email.
- Thunderhill does not allow spectators to congregate – thus we are required to keep our distance when not driving.
- There will not be an onsite information table at this autocross. However, we have a volunteer (Steve) who will be available each day by cell phone to help with anything you need. Steve’s phone number will be posted at the autocross on a large sign hung on our trailer or on the wall that separates the parking from the course. If you have any questions at all, call Steve. He will know our schedule, and will also be managing our event computer from home. Our scoring system is online allowing Steve to validate all entries. Please avoid speaking to our scoring table while the event is running – bug Steve.
- We will have a table near the end of the wall that separates the parking from the course. At this table, your Work Assignments will be posted. Also the cone station radios and flags will be at that table. If you are working a cone station, please go to the work table to be given either a radio or a flag. When your work is done, the radios and flags should be brought back to the table where they will be sanitized before being reissued. Radios should be left ON when returned. Our sanitizing engineer will turn OFF radios at lunch and at the end of each day.
- Our scoring computer is online and real-time results of your runs will be available. You can bookmark our event Results on your smartphone before arriving at the event so that immediately after returning to the grid, you can verify your times. Go to www.northbaycorvettes.org – then click on Events then Autocross, then open up both October 3 and October 4 and set your bookmarks.
- If you have a brightly colored safety vest, please bring it with you for use at this event. If you do not have one, we will issue one to you, that will be yours to keep, but we desire to only give you a vest once – and ask you to bring it to all events in the future.
There will be another email (or two) before we meet at Thunderhill. In a future email, you will be sent our Covid safety procedures, a document that replaces our onsite driver’s meeting, our estimated daily schedule, and a map of our course so you can practice in your mind before arriving. You will also receive an email for our Insurance waiver. For our insurance waiver, you will be asked to fill out a form with your name and Cell Phone number. You will receive a text where you will take a picture of yourself and sign the waiver. If you feel you are cell phone challenged, please do the waiver with a helper who is comfortable with computers and cell phone functions. You can have the waiver sent to anyone’s cell phone, even a family member, if you don’t text on your phone.
Should you have any questions, feel free to REPLY.
NBCA – North Bay Corvette Association